Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vintage Tablecloth

Monday I spent the night at my mom's. We started talking about embroidery and she showed me some vintage linens she had. Some of them were printed for embroidery and had been started and some hadn't. She gave me all of them and I am so excited! (Thanks, ma!)

I started one of them the other night while Adam and I were plowing our way through the first season of Downton Abbey on Netflix. I wish we had noticed season one was only 7 episodes - then we might not have watched 4 in a row one night and then the last 3 another. Oh well!

Anyway, here is what I have started on one of the tablecloths. Adam says the colors are very "foodie" and I'm not totally sure what that means.

vintage tablecloth
vintage tablecloth

Good thing it got chilly out again. The tablecloth is linen and it gets a little warm on your lap when you work on it!

1 comment:

  1. What a treasure your mom gave you! I love the old embroidery linens. Show the finished work, okay?
    ; )
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete