Monday, February 13, 2012

Woven Perler beads

A few months ago I saw these little baskets on Fine Little Day a few months back and fell in love with them.
I thought they were such a sweet little way to use Perler (or Hama beads as they are also called) beads - which I have, for some reason, had a giant bucket of for years. Then a few weeks ago I saw a post over at Mini Eco with links on how to weave them using the peyote stitch to create little slip covers for tea light holders.

woven perler bead tea light covers
woven perler bead tea light covers
I'm really happy with how they came out. I don't know why I never thought to actually use Perler beads as, well, beads. 

Oh and they have the prettiest glow at night when they are lit up.

woven perler bead tea light covers

3 comments:

  1. They are adorable! I love the colors and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this out with the kidos! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete