On Saturday Adam and I had a "going away" BBQ. It was a beautiful sunny day filled with so many friends and food and drinks! I wanted to share a the recipe for the quick mint lemonade punch I made up. It's super easy and it was a big hit! Even with kids! (or well, with the super cute baby that was here. She loved it!) I made my own mint syrup and used bottled lemonade but you could do fresh squeezed if you have a juicer or want to juice a ton by hand!
I made the mint simple syrup the day before and refrigerated it overnight - here's the recipe:
Fresh Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar (you can add 1 cup, but I wanted mine to be a little less sweet)
- 1/2 recipe of fresh mint simple syrup
- 1 bottle (1.75 L) of Simply Lemonade
- 1/2 of a 1 L bottle of ginger ale
- 1/2 of a 1 L bottle of club soda
- lemon wedges and mint sprigs for garnish
I've never tried to write a recipe before so I hope that is OK. Like I said, super simple and summery and I recommend trying it out at your next party. I'd love to hear if you do!