Our move back east is coming up so fast. Like, in 10 days fast. I feel like I've been answering a lot of questions lately about what I'm excited to get back to in Maine so I thought I'd do a quick little post on a couple things.
1. Apple Box, 2. When Fireflies Attack - Project 50/50 (Week 25), 3. Acadia, 4. Portland Maine: Exchange Street Brick
1. Apple picking! When we first moved to Eugene I was kind of shocked that there weren't really any places in Lane County to go apple picking. You can pick just about anything else - but no apples! It's always such a great way to spend a crisp fall day...and then the week or so afterwards trying to figure out what to do with all those apples.
2. Fireflies - Adam and I had just assumed that these existed everywhere, and when we found out that we would be having firefly-less summers we were kind of bummed out. Oregon has such beautiful open spaces that it's really a shame that they don't sparkle on summer nights.
3. Islands - As much as I'll miss the gorgeous glittering blue-green of the Pacific, the vast open-ness of it has always kind of overwhelmed me. I can't wait to see little islands dotting the coast and the deep blue Atlantic. I especially can't wait to get back to my #1 super fave - Bailey Island
4. BRICK! This one might sound kind of funny but everything in Eugene feels so new. All plaster and stucco and siding. I know that there are new brick buildings but it always just feels so historic to me. I can't wait to be surrounded by big old brick buildings again. Also I can't wait to be tripping down cobblestone streets. JK, I can wait on that one!
(And FYI I'm not really looking forward to humidity and driving in the snow.)