Friday, May 24, 2013

Jumble

I have really been terrible at this blogging thing lately. It's been a bit of a whirlwind end of April and beginning of May. We hosted a little end-of-semester get together for Adam's students, Monaco (the game Adam did art for) was released ,we had two of our best friends from Oregon visit us for a week, cooked a belated mother's day dinner, went to a baby shower and I think some other things that I'm probably forgetting. Point is, for people who don't usually have much on their schedules, it's been a busy jumble of weeks for us. In fact, I don't think we have any other scheduled plans until July, when my dad comes to visit from Seattle.

But oh, our friends visiting was so perfect. I think I'm still feeling a little bit (ok, maybe a lot bit) of the sting of them not being here. It was so wonderful to see their faces, and joke around with them and show them all the places and things we love about Maine and our little city of Portland. I think that, at the very least they liked it enough here to visit again.


It can be so hard to have some much distance between friends that you love so much and I'm so, so, so grateful that they wanted to come out and visit us.

Oh and I'm also grateful that Ashley gave me the idea to draw on my new business cards. I'm not sure I would have thought of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment