Tuesday, September 4, 2012

3rd Annual Fry-A-Thon

Finally! Finally Adam and I were able to make it to a Labor Day fry-a-thon! Granted, there have only been two others but I cannot even tell you how disappointed I was to not be able to make it to those. (Still in Oregon for the first and working on a movie during last year's)

fryathon

The Labor Day Fry-A-Thon is put on by the family of DeAnne, one of  my best friends and man was it great and super unhealthy, but in that really great it's a holiday, who cares! kind of way. 

Basically everyone just brings things that they think might taste good deep fried. (Which is everything, by the way) Adam and I brought apples, which you can see in the top left of the pic and chorizo. The apples were dipped in pancake batter and then sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon. They were like tiny little pies! We'll definitely be doing them again next year, maybe with some kind of spiced batter and a flavored whipped cream? 

boat

Oh and I wish I had gotten a  pic of it to share, but there was a very serious potato gun there. I don't know if I've ever seen Adam as happy as he was after shooting it, very very far, into the pond. He was just glowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment