Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fuzzy Brain and PAX East

You know those days where you just feel like your brain is fuzzy and you can't seem to focus? I'm having one of those. I really did plan on being productive today and I've started to do about a million things. But I think being out of town for the weekend and the holiday kind of threw me off.

On Saturday I attended PAX East, or as I liked calling it "Total Nerd Party", in Boston. Adam was invited to work at the booth for a game he did art for called Monaco, by Pocketwatch Games. It's a top-down heist game that you can play with up to four players. Their booth was totally packed all day and everyone who tried the game seemed really excited about it. I, too, was super excited to play it annnd it's really fun and I'd totally love the art work regardless of if my husband did it. I kept telling Adam how happy it made me to see some younger kids (well, like 14-16 years old) excited about Monaco. Especially when there were lots of big, kinda brainless, AAA games being thrown at them.



Monaco was part of the Indie Mega Booth, which was filled with tons of great indie games (my favorite kind!). I wish I had gotten a chance to play more, but I'm kinda bad at waiting in lines.

I spent most of my day there walking around the expo hall, dodging people in giant costumes and circling The Secret World booth -a game I've been excited about for a while. Parts of it take place in a fictitious Maine town, so I'd be hard pressed to at least not have been interested.  I made it to their last presentation of the day and when they started tossing little dog tag beta keys of the different secret societies in the game at the end of it I was a little too short to grab any (I'm sure it had nothing to do with my catching abilities), but a guy in front of me gave me one of the like, four, he had caught. Adam also got me one too, even though I don't know where he was standing.

On our way out we got to try co-op Minecraft for the Xbox 360 which was pretty great! I expect at least one or two weekends of Adam and I getting nothing done when that comes out in May.

Overall, I had a really nice time at PAX. I got to see lots of neat stuff we got to see some friends that we haven't seen in a really long time. It was great to finally meet Andy from Pocketwatch since Adam has worked with him a bunch of times in the past million years.

SO HEY. Go check out Monaco! And then tell all your friends! And then buy it when it comes out! Yay!

5 comments:

  1. Uh... so did you try the Secret World beta yet? You need to dish, girl! I'm really excited for it and I just want it to come out already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatsapp is one of the most broadly utilized applications over the world. That’s Performance is So Great There are more than 2 billionn Plus People Use This App. I am Already Us This application Its So amazing App to communication Of All over word So you can download this app to follow this site link and Enjoy Your Self Web WhatsApp100 percent correct informations. It is the quickest texting application which has become the essential method of correspondence.This App Like a Gb Whats App.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mobile Legends Mod Apk is the best hacking version to get unlimited resources (money and starts money, gold, diamonds, and gems. I downloaded this mod from mobilegendsmodapk with fully working and excellent features.multiplayer action game you can also download it for free from that site. Is a 100 percent working site Cheak It .

    ReplyDelete