Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Painted fabric

For a while now I've been wanting to try and print some of my own fabrics. I never actually tried it because , for whatever reason, I had always thought about it as printing at least a yard of fabric. That's pretty silly. I decided the other day that I would just try and do some small pieces for some small sewing projects.
hand painted fabrics
I did these today on some small linen blend pieces I had. They are painted with acrylic paint mixed with a fabric medium. I think I'll try washing them tomorrow and see how they hold up, but what I had in mind for them isn't something that would probably be washed anyway. 

I'm slowly working through a giant mountain of laundry that I have been meaning to do for weeks now. It's one of those chores that I'm trying really hard to be better about. I didn't really make resolutions this year but I do want to make a conscious effort to get into better habits. I have such an awesome feeling about this year and I'm not sure why. It's going to be great, I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment