The other day I was determined to do some sewing. I wanted to do a fairly simple project that could be something for our home and had been really wanting to try out this pillow case tutorial for quite some time. I didn't have any fabric big enough so yesterday Casie and I went to Joann's and looked for something cheap to do a kind of practice run. It took me a little while to find something because I'm picky (I have no illusions about this and I am sure that my Mom, Adam and Casie will back me up!) and decided to take a peek in the bargain/clearance fabric section and just like when we were picking out quilting fabrics there was a little ole' colorful $3/yd bolt of cotton just waiting for me! I scooped it up, Casie was all.."Duh, I knew you'd find something here." and we left.
So I just spent the last few hours making some pillow cases. The first one is kind of wonky and the second one I had to do some seam ripping on because I'm a bonehead and didn't pay attention to what I was doing..BUT! I'm still really happy with them!
The fabric reminds me so much of my Gramma, the lilac colored bedroom she had when I was growing up and most of her sheet sets. If she were still alive I would have given these to her in a heartbeat! I'm so excited that I know how to make these now. I haven't done a whole hell of a lot of sewing and I feel like I definitely learned some stuff while working on them.