Sunday, July 18, 2010

Quilt progress!

Quilting class again today! I get so excited seeing it all come together. I had to trim down my white and yellow blocks because they were a little big and a little outta control. This pic is when Casie and I were working on sewing our blocks into strips. Casie is a machine and daredevil who doesn't pin so she was flying through.





I plan to never remove that little piece of painter's tape that Cherie, our instructor, put on my machine to mark 1/4 in. Unless I end up getting a 1/4 in plate or foot or whatever, but even still, I might just leave it.



So here is where I was at the end of class today. I'm really happy with how it's coming out and can't wait to sew the last couple rows on tomorrow and then maybe attempt to add the border. I'm a little nervous about that part though! Yaaaay quilting!

4 comments:

  1. haha I did the same thing with the tape but I got a 1/4 inch foot with a guide! your machine is a kenmore right? You can get them cheap!!!! Your quilt top looks GREAT!!! <3! so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that saul bass looking fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara that's exactly the reason I go it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the Saul Bass!

    ReplyDelete