Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I got the needle craft crazies.

Just kidding. I don't even know what that means!

First off, thank you so much to everyone who commented on my last post. It really helped me feel better about where I want to take my work. I'm feeling renewed and really excited about some new projects.

Ok, but needle crafts. I have been doing a lot lately. I recently finished two commissioned embroideries that are super cute, started many paper on paper embroideries and have been crocheting a bunch. Last week I started plugging away on these:




They are so much fun! I just need to find my thimble because pushing a needle though layers of paper is getting a little rough on my fingers.

Yesterday I did some crocheting. I found this post on Bella Dia about crocheting covers for glass jars and I decided to try it. I had an old glass that I was using to hold stuff in my craft room. It had a chip in it so it's days as a drinking glass were over.

It was a really easy, fun project and a great way to add some extra color. I want to crochet some more covers for jars to use as vases because that is something Adam and I lack at our house.

So yeah, I'm feeling good!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like the new needlework! Glad you're feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love the ladies at the top of your post! Have you checked out the little show in the back of PRI recently? There's this lady that does embroidery over watercolor paintings of landscapes. They are pretty neat... Definitely worth a look if you haven't been over there in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want one! i have this silly smiley face cup that has been screaming to get covered!

    congrats on the very near wedding! i can only imagine it being one of the most adorable weddings in all of history.

    ReplyDelete