Monday, March 4, 2013

DIY - Pepper Lime Salt Scrub

I have a nice, easy DIY for you all today. I made some scrubs and bath teas for my sister-in-law this past Christmas and was surprised by how easy they actually are! I'd been thinking about making up some of my own combinations and came up with this today. The combination of the pepper and lime is fresh, light and just a tiny bit spicy. I like it with olive oil (we use a really fruity one) but if don't care for the smell or feel you could use sweet almond oil or something else. Basically, can adjust any amounts from the recipe to your liking, which is a great thing about making scrubs!

pepperlime

  • 1/2 c fine sea salt
  • 1 tsp coursely ground black pepper
  • zest from 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 tsp granulated lemon peel (or zest, if you have it)
  • olive oil (or your oil of choice)

Combine sea salt, pepper, lime zest and lemon peel in a bowl and mix. Pour into a jar and add some olive oil. Mix and add more olive, if needed.

That's it! Super simple and you probably have most of this stuff in your house already!



No comments:

Post a Comment