Monday, March 14, 2011

Doily #2

I started another doily last week. My mom kept mentioning that I should try out pattern with pineapples..so I did! The pattern I'm using is called Peacocks and Pineapples and according to the pattern it's supposed to be 31 inches in diameter. We'll see! Somebody (me) might not be so great about checking gauge!
doily #2
doily #2
doily #2
I've got about 12 or 13 rounds done and so far it's going pretty smoothly. I'm having grand illusions of making giant ones as rugs with some bulky yarn, but we'll see! I'm really liking the thread I'm using right now though. It's Baroque Crochet Cotton by DMC, if anyone is curious.
doily #2
Wish me luck, guys! 

3 comments:

  1. I've considered trying to make one of those, but in reality don't know how to crochet that well. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - It's really pretty simple and if you are interested I recommend starting with something like the shapes in this table runner on the Lion Brand site: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60667AD.html

    The little motifs are a really great way to learn about crocheting in the round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doily looks real nice! Making them is just so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete