Thursday, February 17, 2011

Carmen quilt top

What! That was fast!

I put together the Carmen quilt top today.
Carmen quilt top
I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm kind of surprised how nicely it came out! This was my first time doing half square triangles and I was a little nervous. The whole 7/8 inch thing was kind of freaking me out while I was cutting the blocks yesterday. (Real talk: cutting the blocks kind of freaks me out in general!) Now I need to decide what color to use for the backing and how I want to quilt the top.

So, I'm feeling really proud of myself right now. I feel like I have a hard time following through on larger projects and just getting started has given me so much motivation! I plan to do a post soon about what these quilts/designs are about. But I think I'm going to hold off for a little while until I have at least one of them completely done. Of course, some of you already know!

No comments:

Post a Comment