Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Poor, poor Goldie.

Once, about 3 years ago I got this idea that it would be really fun to try and do needle felt versions of some of my favorite Animal Crossing: Wild World characters. My mom had, for some holiday I think, bought me a really beautiful fibers for needle felting from Halcyon Yarn. (Which, by the way, just happens to be in my home town. Jealous? You probably should be.) I didn't (and still don't) know much about needle felting or fibers so I didn't really think about the type of fiber vs. the size of what I was making. The fibers were chunky and no matter how many times I stabbed and stabbed and stabbed, they just never got all that firm. But I kept stabbing away and in the end I got this little, loosey goosey, funny looking version of Goldie.

 

I just found her today and I honestly have no idea how she has stayed in tact as long as she has. I was sure that her little arms would have been long gone by now at least.

For the record, here is the real Goldie:

No comments:

Post a Comment