Thursday, August 20, 2009

My mom's parents and weddin' stuff!

Ok, ok. So I have been trying not to talk much about wedding stuff on here but man, it's getting really hard!


Now that I have started to do some wedding planning I have been thinking about my mom's parents a lot. Although my grandfather died before I was born and I never got to see them together I was always aware of how much they loved each other. I found this picture today and it makes me feel so happy!

Adam and I have figured out where we are going to have our ceremony and reception. My mom and I went to Bailey Island yesterday. We met with my old co-worker, Laura, who is basically an encyclopedia of all things Bailey Island related. She was a HUGE help and showed us places and gave us so much info. Here's a lil' sneak peek of the outside of the building we will have the reception in:


Just trust me when I say that this picture does not even a little bit convey the charm of this building. And the inside! Oh man, perfect! I can't wait to get all the info from Laura so we can book this sucker!

3 comments:

  1. Where is Bailey Island? Are people actually going to be able to get there, and then get back to their hotels and junk after the reception? Or is it going to be like Peak's Island where you're stuck there after the sun goes down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photo of your grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zachary - No, it's not like Peak's. You can drive to it and there are plenty of places on the island to stay. I can send you a link that has a lot of the inns and motels if you'd like. My friend Laura was also telling me about some awesome cottages/houses that can be rented with a big group of people. It's only about 25 minutes from Bath/Brunswick, so there are places there you could stay as well.

    ReplyDelete